Friday, August 23, 2013

When the Cat's Got Your Tongue

So here it goes:


Lately, I've been thinking about a blog I used to stalk. It was years ago, back when I first discovered this wonderful place called Blogville, way back before I even realized that you could follow blogs in nifty little compact ways like Google Friend Connect or Blog Lovin'.  Back then, I just cluttered up my favorites folder with a list of the ones I liked.  

And I really liked this one.

In fact, it was one of the ones that lured me here in the first place. Whether she was sharing a project around the home, or an adventure from her life, or just her random thoughts, I  always got a little giddy when she posted something new.  

Then, it happened. I can't quite remember whether it happened all at once, or it was a slow drip, but suddenly, I realized that all she ever posted about was her cat. 

Her cat looking out of the window...
Her cat looking in the window...

Her cat going up the steps...
Her cat going down the steps...

Cat. Cat. Cat.

Her posts got fewer and farther between, too. First, we had a cat update every few days. Then, it was once a week. Then even less.  After a while, I stopped clicking to see if she had updated at all.

When I was doing that computer file purge a few months ago, I discovered the link to my old favorite blog and opened it to see what she had been up to. Unfortunately, it no longer exists. Whether she did an exit post or went quietly into the cold, cold, night, I do not know.  

If you're wondering where I'm going here, it's this:  

 I do not have a cat.  

I don't have a dog, either. I guess I could venture over to the Love Shack once a week and take photos of  Dolly and Beamer.


But let's face it. 
When you stoop to showing pictures of someone else's dogs, 
you have hit the bottom of the barrel. 


Folks, I'm bone dry, and I can't deny it anymore.

Rather than do the cat walk, I'm going to take an indefinite blog break. (Yes, from all outward appearances I have been on a break for a year now, but that wasn't for lack of trying. It was for a lack of finishing.)

I should have done this months ago, but I am a stubborn little petless wonder who would rather stare at a keyboard than admit she has a problem.  However, Since 2013 is the year of Stepping Out, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to step out and do a little thinking and living so that maybe... maybe... I'll have something interesting to yak about again someday.

I have decided to take  the rest of the summer off.   Yes, I realize that to the rest of Blogville, summer is already over, but not here in Dixie.  In my neck of the woods, we have a month of summer left to go. Maybe less; maybe more.

I'll see you then.  Maybe... maybe not...

Just in case I don't return, I think it's best to leave here singing.

See you, in September...
See you... when the summer's through....


In my head, I sound just like Bobby Rydell.


*****
Comments off


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails