Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Morning Bloomadoodle

I wasn’t going to post this morning, but when I stopped by Southern Inspiration for her Friday Fives, I discovered that her questions were all about fresh flowers. So between that and one special request to show my bucket bouquets, I decided to whip out the bloggadoodle for a little electronic illustration.

I’m sure it seems a bit odd that a man who is so tight  that he washes out his baggies brings fresh flowers...  to a woman who hoards old napkins and uses a baby shoe box to store her recipes.

 It is.

But he brings them because he knows that I love them. And it all started that long ago day in Athens, Georgia.….


I have loved flowers from him ever since.

To be specific, I neither require nor admire an overpriced floral arrangement. Nope.
What I really like is just a bunch of flowers.

And yes, I know that most thrifters extol the virtues of the potted plant. I know this because every time I mention my love of fresh flowers, I get at least one well meaning admonition about money better spent on green plants…

  which last….


They do?

That’s the perk of a bunch of flowers. No matter how beautiful they are coming in …


They all look the same way going out.


And no one scolds you when they do.

I have that picture to bloggadoodle this morning for a simple reason.  Every time the husband brings me some flowers,  I hoard a few... which I like to repurpose like the clever little thrifter that I am.

 I’ll yak about this at a later time.


Because this bloggadoodle is about my bucket of flowers.


Which I turned into four arrangements.

(You thought I would never get here, didn't you?)

One a little traditional…


One a bit more practical

And another just a tad whimsical

And the rest, I just stuck in a bucket.

 

7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! And you are just way too funny!! Love the story about the flowers and the bucket....what a sweet love story!! :D

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Awwwwwwwww!!

I'm thinking I need some buckets at my house!
How sweet that man is...
have you bought him some more charcoal yet?

Amy Kinser said...

You made all of these look so pretty in their containers. I know they make your mood bright.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I love flowers - unfortunately, so does Tabitha, my kitty cat shadow (helper).

I'm your newest follower thanks to Southern Inspiration!

Cheers,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing me your b u t ful arrangements! I love them all. Hugs.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Candace said...
Beautiful Debbie, Happy Mother's Day to you.

Pink Azaleas said...

Those are pretty. I love fresh flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails