Saturday, March 20, 2010

To Everything There is a Season...

Remember just a month ago when I posted this snow covered picture?


I said in that post that in about a month those same trees would be bursting with white of a different sort. I called it just about right because last weekend, a month to the day from my previous post, we saw the budding of the Bradford pears which line the streets of our neighborhood. By the time I left town yesterday, they were in almost perfect bloom. Look at the blue spring sky, too.


To everything, there is indeed a season.



The camellias and Japanese magnolias were late bloomers this year. There was no warm January to tempt them out a little too early. And camellias and Japanses magnolias are kind of like young girls...

...even lovelier if they wait to bloom in the appropriate season.

This little magnolia that could in our front lawn has big dreams...


She dreams of becoming this backyard beauty one day...


I think I can…. I think I can…

The blossoms are just the palest pink and absolutely beautiful to me



Of course, springtime in Dixie brings seasonal somethings of a different sort….

No, that’s not chalk dust on the driveway.


It’s pollen… Just one of the necessary evils of the season. Sort of like this one.


Because someone has to actually bake that pie that we are supposed to clamor for a piece of…..


To everything there is a season…


By the way, I'm currently in Macon, Georgia for its Cherry Blossom Festival, dubbed the pinkest party on earth. I can hardly wait to share the pinkness with you. Heading out right now with the shiny red Kodak. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

Girl, those pictures are beautiful. The trees are just gorgeous! Hope you have a great time at the Cherry Festival.

Anonymous said...

We are still many weeks away from what you are seeing right now. Sigh.

Candace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails