He was trying to stop the family wokking.
I figured it out this weekend when both the Sister and the Duchess wokked in my ears regarding some changes made in my little corner of
. Apparently, they did not like the change I made to my comment box. Apparently, it’s a tad annoying to them. Blog Land
So I’m changing it back.
I’m very obedient that way. Plus, I’m kind of fond of my ears. True, the left one is useless beyond the role of earring holder, but I like the symmetry so I’m keeping it.
In other news, I got a little blog award from Patti @ They Don't Make Them Like They Used To this weekend. I’m actually not passing this one along. (I hope that’s OK…) but I am playing along for a little fun and blopspiration.
So here ya go. Seven more completely random things you never wanted to know about me. Every word you are about to read is true. No one in her right mind would make it up.
1. My mother-in-law still spells my name incorrectly after 27 years of marriage, and I'm afraid to correct her. I tried for two decades to pass along the clue but finally gave up. It's easier just to sign my notes Debby and be done with it.
2. I am absolutely terrified to come home to a dark, empty, house on Wednesday nights so I booby trap the place to stay one step ahead of the serial killer. And yet, I feel the need to lock myself upstairs and watch Criminal Minds once I make it up there.
3. I absolutely will not taste something with a spoon or fork that has touched someone else's mouth. Blech. I won't stick my own spoon into a soup bowl if another one has been there first, either. I will, however, suck the leftover chicken off the bones on my husband's plate. Go figure that one out.
4. I am a magnet for newspaper photographers. This one extends to the entire family. Opening day at Publix? There I am, pushing Miss Whimsy in the buggy. Town Meeting? There we are. Public prayer vigil? There we are again, lifting holy hands. We can be standing in a crowd of thousands, but somehow, some way, the photographer is going to hone in on our faces. Or worse.
There is no greater joy than opening the local newspaper the day after an election to see your big old patriotic patootie staring back in living color, above the fold, as you’re bending at the booth to do your civic duty. It's captioned too, just in case someone in a fifty mile radius didn't recognize the husband's boney bahonkus right along side it and the tiny hands of your daughter resting on each for contrast.
5. I'm a remedial gum chewer. No matter how hard I try, it dissolves in my mouth. Give me ten minutes, and I pulverize Bazooka Joe into a teeny gumlette...which I swallow...no matter what the Duchess says about innards sticking together. I'm 49 years old, people. At this point, I'm more worried about my innards falling apart.
6. I am too friendly for my own good. I absolutely can not remain aloof if someone is trying to strike up a conversation with me. This is the reason that it takes me so long to meander through Walmart. This is also the reason I know that the unfortunate looking woman who hangs out in the nail salon is actually a 67 year old cross dresser named Bill.
7. I think Bill has a crush on me.
And on that note, I'm finished with my magnificent 7.
I do hope that someone, somewhere,
can relate to at least one of them.
And for the record, if you want to share some random facts about yourself, consider yourself tagged.
Just be sure to let me know so I don't miss out on your fun.