Thursday, May 20, 2010

Role Reversal

Today, seniors with good attendance records were given the choice of either participating in Senior Field Day or staying home from school. We decided to let Miss Whimsy make the decision and weren't really surprised when she (and her friends) decided to take the day for their leisure.

Unfortunately, I still had the cats to herd in that 5th grade classroom. So I headed off to school, coffee mug and breakfast basket to go, and I told her that I would be home around lunchtime.

When I returned to the kitchen...
tired and hungry enough
 to pig out and wreck the diet...
I found this note on the refrigerator.


So I did...


And and I did...


And I found this...


ginormous salad, made almost completely
with veggies from the garden...
Just waiting  for me.

She's a good kid, with such a fun spirit about her.
And she totally gets  me.

Of course, then, she asked if she could meet her friends for lunch instead of spending the day with dear old Mom.

I  felt a just  little buttered up.
But it made me laugh... 
So of course, I let her go.

 Big Sister scored a A in Sisterhood 101 this week too. When my brain is functioning, I'll yak all about it.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Awww, how sweet! I skipped Senior Day too...seems like a lifetime ago! Anyway what a delightful surprise to come home to!

Jennie said...

In the words of my own mother, it sounds like "You dun good" with your girls! ;)

I'm blown away...ulterior motive or not, that's awesome!

mary dee said...

suck.up. also, you wrote about her nice thing first?!? I didn't even want anything in return for my kindness...

Anonymous said...

BOTH of your girls are super in my opinion. I know the Practical One gets koodos for her stint home to see baby sister win all her awards on Honors Night and Miss Whimsy may have had an alterior motive, but she does know how to please dear old mom! I sure have missed your posts. Maybe with school behind you, you can keep up your writing for those of us who stalk this blog.
Hugs,
Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails