Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Wild Adventures of Miss Whimsy

Miss Whimsy has been quite the little adventurer in the past few weeks.


First, she went with her class to Grad Bash here...


And then, she adventured with her close friends here.


Clear across the state.
Because they're kind of ready to do this...

(And I kind of know how his mommy feels...)

And then, the day after graduation...
,,,she headed out on the famous  infamous
New Orleans Mission Adventure.
Great photo, don't you think?

And we did a lot of this...

 She saw a few sights while there.



Though sight seeing wasn't the purpose.






Finally home...

So when she got a text message from her youth pastor yesterday, asking her if she would be interested in her very first chaperoning adventure.... taking a group of younger kids on their own overnight trip, I had a few questions:
When are you going?
How long will you be away?
And just How much is this going to cost?

But Miss Whimsy had just one question.
And that's what she texted back...

Are we taking that bus?

10 comments:

CAL said...

Great question and good thinking!!!

Tonya Gunn said...

We are starting to experience some of this - our two oldest (16 and 14) are heading off for nearly two weeks on their first youth Christian camp.
Warm wishes, Tonya

BECKY said...

Too funny! Smart gal! Hope you're having a great week, Debbie! I have been! The beach was soooo wonderful the other day...I am going to go as often as I can in case this oil ends up over on my beach!! I can't even stand thinking about it!

Take care and Happee Thursday!
Becky

Kelli said...

What a whirlwind of an adventure. My kinda girl!! (and mama!) Makes me want to go somewhere fun!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Fun! I went on a mission trip to New Orleans when I was about her age. It was a wonderful experience!! So glad she had a good time!

Sandy said...

What a fun adventure.. what could be
better than "Universal and the Fr Quarter"... thanks so much for your comment on my
"Old lamps"....
Sandy

Sue said...

Debbie, I knew before I finished reading that was going to be her question. LOL. After going through her ordeal she now knows the ins and outs of chaperoning, so I wouldn't worry to much. Thanks for sharing great posting.
Hugs,
Sue

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Funny!
NOT THAT BUS!!!
I loved that prayer banner--so encouraging!
It looks like she had a lot of fun and was a blessing to many!
But I wanna go to Universal!!
Take me!
Or, I'll drive, I don't have a bus!
Hugs!
~me

Kathleen said...

What a great trip for her! Love your questions!

Holly Lefevre said...

Great way to tell a a story. Sounds like you have a great girl...and smart...she knows to inquire about the bus!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails