But I accepted this award because it gave me a good reason to yak a little about me. (Oh stop it. You know you kind of like to do it too...) Apparently, all the stylish bloggers this season are giving up 7 completely random facts about themselves. That sounds kind of fun to me.
How else could I possibly tie these 7 mostly unrelated facts into one post?
1. It is impossible for me to type the word verification on a comment without sounding aloud the pronunciation. Eeebibaguble....
2. And when I click that blue box that says Save Now?
I always say, "Hosanna!"
3. If I enjoy a movie, I randomly interject lines from the script into my daily life.
The first movie that I ever saw with the husband was Coal Miners Daughter. Since that time, I have seen it 4,728 times and speak fluent Loretty. My favorite line is when she says, "I done wrote myself a song Peggy Sue. Your mama's a dadgum song writer."
I use it to crow about my own accomplishments.
I done cleaned myself a toilet, Laurie Lou. Your mama's a dadgum toilet cleaner.
4. I haven't waved like a normal person since The Princess Diaries came out in 2001. I just rotate my hand in the queen wave and say, "Thaaank you for being here today."
5. I like to annoy my husband by calling uniforms costumes when he's watching a football game.
6. I wave from the front porch every time my husband leaves to go out of town. Most of the time, though, it's in the wee hours of the morning. Since I don't want to give the neighbors a jammie shot, I just stick my hand through a crack of the door and rotate. The last thing the poor man sees as he's leaving town is Thing doing the queen wave.
7. I have zero hearing in my left ear. Therefore, I have complete conversations with quiet people without a clue as to what they have said. I just follow the facial expression. If they smile, I smile. If they look sad, I purse my lips and nod. This makes it very difficult to carry on a conversation with the masked Vietnamese girl at the nail salon.
And yet, I try.
Now, I'm also supposed to pick 7 other bloggers and infect them as well. That part is not so easy. First, not everyone enjoys getting infected with a blog award. Plus, I can think of more than 7 who deserve to be.
So I decided to stick to this style theme and choose 7 bloggers who are prone to the verbal meander just like me.
I want to say upfront that this is meant entirely as a compliment so please don't think you have to do a thing but get the big head. Or... you could just bank it to use as a blog prompt and share those 7 random facts without infecting another small blog village.
But I like to imagine what this magnificent 7 would do with it:
Jennie would spin it into a Mom Thing.
Sharon would somehow manage to turn it into a devotional.
Sonja would take it on a bumpy ride down Memory Lane.
Janette would turn it into 7 Mental Pausing Moments.
Tanya would tie it into an old family recipe... which she'll try to cook. Then, she'll get all wigged out because the picture doesn't do it justice.
Lynn would make a royal mess of it, the details of which will make me laugh until I cough...
...which isn't always such a good thing when you're pushing 50.
Leslie won't be able to do it at all since she's down with a thrifting injury. I just want to mess with her head and see if she attempts to peck it out in lower case letters with her right hand.